Thursday 9 December 2010

Two Week Wait

Ohhh how I loathe the TWW.. Most mummies, or mummies to be, or even wanna be mummies will agree that the tww is the WORST two weeks of your LIFE! (maybe I'm dramatic, but I'm sure some people would agree with me).  The tww consists of scrutinising everything your body does, and praying with every fibre of your being that it's doing what you think it's doing.  Then there's the convenience of the HPT (home pregnancy test).. which is oh so easy to overuse!  Most pregnant women don't have detectable amounts of the needed hormone - HCG - until a day or more after they've missed their period, which produces painfully negative tests from about 7 days past ovulation.  Every test is like a punch in the face.  Trust me on that one.

So I want to hear from those in their two week wait.. because I too am there.  Yes, hubby and I are actively trying, and now I'm going to drive myself insane with every little sign and symptom until the day I get my dear old friend (whom I hate very much) Aunt Flow.

On the bright side, it's only about 6 days til I can test... 6 whole long torturous days... Wish me luck!! :o)

A. xo

1 comment:

  1. Wow big news Amy! Congrats on the decision! I love reading about peoples experiences especially early on as it is such a big mystery too me that I hope to visit one day! All the best and keep us up to date!

    ReplyDelete