Wednesday 7 October 2009

6 months on...

Well... I am slack, there is no disputing that fact. All I can say is, I'm sorry...

So, Eli is gaining on his half birthday - literally 12 days away. I'm kinda sad in a way that my little man is going to be all big soon. He'll be 1 before I get a chance to turn around. I can't believe his little life is going so fast. I can deal with my own life passing quickly - but a little baby? Growing up hastily seems like robbery to me.

I remember being a kid, and wanting so badly to be older. If there is one thing I can instill in my child(ren) it will be to enjoy being young and responsibility free! I wished my life away a fair bit, and in the process forgot to truly enjoy being a child. Now I wish I could do it again and live it up! But I'm sure I would do the same again, wish I could do things I wasn't old or mature enough to do.

But our little Eli is going to be 6 months in less than 2 weeks. It amazes me the rapid progress he's made in a short space of time.

He's gone from 54.5 cm in length, to approximately 70 cm.
He's put on almost 3 kg in weight.
He's managed to cut 4 teeth and is in the process of cutting 2 molars.
He's able to roll over - both ways!
He reaches for and can grasp with ease toys or other objects of interest.
He can sit unassisted for a few minutes and play with toys set in front of him.
He can laugh and smile socially.
He eats solid food from a spoon.
He recognises mummy and daddy as well as various others in his life.
He's teaching himself to crawl.

If you ask me, that's an awful lot of things to have done in 6 months! (Currently, he's done them all in LESS than 6 months!) What scares me most is that the things to come now are major milestones like crawling, walking and talking....

It's all gone so fast, so enjoy things while you can, cos they certainly don't last forever!

A. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment