Tuesday 10 November 2009

Promo Time:

I recently got my hands on a copy of the 2010 Annual Ministry of Sound. I'm not too thrilled with it, but that's not cos it's not great. You see, I've turned into a mummy.... The kind that says "don't cuss" and "mind your manners". SO, the MoS isn't really for me - anymore. I'm sad to say that this era of my life is over, but indeed it is.

However, I plan to do a fully unbiased rundown on the type of thing you might be able to expect from this new album.

First up, it's a 3cd set, which includes a tagalong this year - The Aston Shuffle (disc 2). Now, I'm not too sure about all these DJ's that are around now, but this one seems to have his thang downpat. For one, the transitions are SO smooth that you don't even notice it's changed songs until you look and it's track 10..... My fave track of this one was "Pianobytes" - kinda funky and oldschool at the same time (which is more now my thing..)

John Course, of course, is a regular favourite. There's no real question why... This guy, in track 8, makes even Mika sound groovy.... Not the easiest of feats!

Finally, Goodwill takes care of disc 3, and personally, I think this is the best disc of all. I can imagine this one having a reminiscent quality about it - you know, the kind of CD that you chuck on and think about all the great times you had when you went out "that one time". It's bubbly and not quite as dark as the other two discs.

Overall, they are pretty great mixes - John Course preps you, winds you up for the high energy section of the night, The Aston Shuffle kicks your booty into popping mode, and Goodwill is just that - the happy ending to a fabulous fun night, the part you sit around and sip the last of the drinks, too danced out to dance anymore, but you tap your feet and boogie a little with your arms....

Like I said, though, it's really not my scene anymore. Kinda sad, kinda not, but I'll always have my last little piece of it here, in this MoS 2010....

Enjoy! :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment