Saturday 25 February 2012

Light and fluffy

I typed out a whole blog entry and was about to press publish, when I realised that my computer does not have auto correct...

Not to worry.  I can do this... I think.  Bear with me!

I wanted to tell you some cool stuff about my kids, cos I love them to pieces, and I think you should too.  So.  Get comfy.

My eldest son, Eli, is unquestionably hilarious.  He's full of beans, and drives me CRAZY, but he's really honestly funny.  I often find him stretched over two pieces of furniture, at which time he announces he is a bridge.  He's clever, and knows a little too much about too much.  But he has this amazing softer side, when I kiss his head, he'll say out of the blue ~ I love you so much mummy ~ and I swear I nearly lose it every time.  He'll tilt his head to the side and smile, the most incredibly cute cheeky smile, and he knows I cannot resist his charms.  Occasionally, I'll enter a room and he'll say "..nothing", which we all know means "I'm being mischievous".  It's a laugh a minute, minus the crying (from me) and the tantrums (from both of us).

Sullivan.  Well.  I've never known such a sensitive soul.  I'll tell you a story about something that happened the other day.  I was chastising Eli, while holding Sully.  I stormed out of the room and in doing so, Sully's little feet hit the doorway as I walked through.  He was so distressed about all of this, thinking that I had perhaps done this to him as some sort of punishment (when it was directed at Eli) that it took him a full 5 minutes for him to look at me.  I was literally chasing his gaze and he would avoid eye contact.  He's 5 months old.  I was amazed.  I'll have to be very very mindful of how I discipline him, where Eli takes a lot of *encouragement* to behave, Sully will most definitely not need the same level of coercing.  I felt terrible, just so you know..   He's so smiley and happy, even when you know he's so tired and bored that all he'd like to do is crash out in bed all afternoon, he still smiles.  He really only cries when he's got poop in his nappy.  He's honestly the easiest baby to love... and he's really cute. But I guess I have to say that, don't I?

I'm so glad I have my children.  I couldn't imagine living a life without them - as tired as I am, and as much as some days I miss my freedom to sleep..  I think every married couple needs a baby or two, you know, just to keep things real.  They're only babies for such a short time, and the sleeplessness is such a small part of it in the long term.  I have more than likely posted about this sort of thing before, but seriously, if you don't have one, have one.  They fill your life with such love and joy, and you have a friend for life - if you treat them right.

A. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment