Sunday 26 February 2012

Schleeeep and a biscuit

I wanna snooze. Nap. Sleep. Doze. Pass out. Conk out. Slumber. Fall into the open arms of Morpheus. Catch 40. I'm freakin' tired...

We've been visiting my family in Kingaroy since Thursday (hubby had some local work to finish off -- go figure!) and as great as it's been, I'm wrecked.  Eli is overtired and crabby, and Sully cannot seem to sleep for more than 2-3 hours a time at night.  He might be hungry - true.  But he eats almost his entire body weight in food (solid) every day, breaky lunch and dinner, and has ALL his breast feeds in between, and no matter how much I feed him before bed, he wakes up almost exactly 3 hours later.  I'm going blind, I can't think, my head feels like someone hit it with a hard object at quite a pace.  I'm annoyed too.  This was meant to be my easy baby, and he is in some ways, but he's NOT SLEEPING!!!

I've been debating within myself recently whether or not we'll *try* again for a girl.  It's probably not the ideal time to be thinking about it while my eyes are tripping me over (hanging out of my head, get it? Never mind...) but I am becoming less and less sure I even want to do this again.  The cons are currently outweighing the pros, by a long, long, LONG way.  It kind of makes me sad sometimes, the thought that I will never get my little lady, but having another baby doesn't guarantee that anyway.  I don't know.. I'm just too tired to care right now.  Besides, let's face it, I want to live a life at some point outside of motherhood and having child after child will not get me there any quicker...

Anyway.. I keep looking for tips and tricks on how to make a baby sleep.  The truth is, I don't think there are any that really do work.  There are kids with genuine issues that need sorting, granted, but Sully used to sleep 5 hours, and then 3 hourly after that.  Now he can't, and I don't know why.  I don't do anything different, and yet his sleeping patterns are all over the shop.  The only consolation is that I know it will end at some point.  Eventually, he will not be breast feeding anymore, he won't need cuddles and kisses to sleep, he flat out won't really even need me, so I guess I have to try and enjoy the sleepless nights while I still have a dependent cuddly little baby to snuggle with.  They grow up so fast..

A. xo

3 comments:

  1. Joys of motherhood hey! Might wait myself as all this talk of lack of sleep & emotional breakdowns freaks me out big time (maybe I've been reading too many mothers blogs :p)! Enjoy your snuggly bubba's they sound soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. don't wait too long Megs, you need all the energy you can get to care for kids, and sadly that's something that disintegrates the older we get!! ;o) You should have one babe!!! -- the sleepless phase is literally a matter of months and then you're right again. In the long run, they're babies for such a short time, and the payoff is so much more than just being tired. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like my mum, hehe! We'll get there, but maybe something for next year! I'm just amazed how emotional it all is, when many people just talk about the cute & wonderful bits, which I know are real but I think I need to ensure my clucky urges realise the reality too! Thanks for your frankness, it's always appreciated!

      Delete