Monday 25 January 2010

Almost done!

Well -- we got here.  All of our junk has been moved from Nundah to Kingaroy... Only thing is that it's all in the shed of the new place.  Ugh.  Apparently the cleaners that were hired to clean the house were:
A) trying to clean an extremely dirty home, and B) incompetent.

Let me clear it up for you.  The floors were dirty and dusty.  The carpets still had marks on them.  The grout in the bathrooms was filthy.  The mirrors - smeary.  The walls had red dirt splatter from the floor around the skirting boards.  The yard is littered with debris including dog poo and cigarette butts.

Now, I don't think I need to tell you that this is not clean.  The cleaner (NB:  Freshwater Carpet Cleaners of Kingaroy - more specifically "Darren") charged some ridiculous amount upwards of $700 to clean it to this standard, which I am personally mortified with. Luckily we have an excellent agent who is fantastic at her job.  The downside of her being so excellent is that we still haven't been able to move in, and won't be able to until all is rectified.  I guess I'd still rather that than clean it myself..... :o/

Once everything's clean and set up I will post some pictures for all to see!  I actually do really really like the house, if only it were clean... :o)

Anyway.... After such an enormous weekend, I'm exhausted, and haven't been able to sleep for all the excitement.  So off I go, in a last ditch attempt to get some sleep before my baby wakes up for the however many-eth time tonight....

Love and hugs to all my friends who I'm missing like crazy already...

A. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment