Monday 5 April 2010

Happily ever after!

I'm back.. This time, hopefully with less drama than last time.  :o)

I will apologise to all my readers for a very dramatic blog post...  It shall not be happening again, I pray.  To any who missed it, well, nevermind.  I'm sure there'll be other controversy along the way.  The post in question has been deleted, so you can stop scrolling down looking for it.  It attracted far too much negative attention, even though it wasn't meant to.  So it's gone.

Now for something upbeat, and positive!

My cat has returned!  When we moved, I sent him here with my dad, who looked after him well enough.  Gibby, the cat, decided it was a cool new place to go exploring, but forgot to leave a crumb trail, and subsequently got lost.  It's been almost 3 months since he went missing.  Yup.  3 months...

Yesterday, I got a call from the local RSPCA (animal shelter to all creatures great and small!) and they informed me that they had found my cat!!  So, I went in to see if it was him, and lo and behold, the cat that never dies, the unkillable kitty, was there meowing at me to take him home!

I'm still in shock.  This cat is seriously invincible.  I thought for sure he'd been killed by a car or had tried to trot all the way back to Brisbane with only 3 legs.  You see, Gibby has been hit by cars, or at least wounded by something of the sort, 3 times.  The last time he came home with a broken leg, which is why he only has 3 left.  Mind you, he doesn't seem to notice the lack of a limb.  He's just as quick as he was before (once he got his balance right - that was funny to watch..) and he's just as mean to the neighbourhood dogs.  One woman was walking her dalmation down our street once, when she started screaming out at Gibby to "leave her dog alone".... needless to say, I nearly wet myself laughing at her...

Anyway, back to the story... When he disappeared this time, I just figured he'd used up all 9 lives.  Instead, he managed to stay alive, living on someone's roof 2 blocks away from the place he'd run away from, more than likely scavenging food where he could, including but not limited to birds, I'm sure.  He's a legend.....

So that's pretty cool... my cat who I thought was gone forever, is back.  He's living in the shed for a while, so that he knows this is home and doesn't try to go back to his roof dwelling.  I fear that if he runs away again, I'm not going to pay the $110 to get him out.... OUCH!!  It's almost like you're posting bail for a prisoner....

If you have a pet, particularly a kitty cat, go pat it.  If you don't, go borrow your neighbour's! :o)

Have fun!

A. xo

2 comments:

  1. Wow what an adventurous little kitty! Maybe you need to write a kids book on the Grand Adventures of Gimmy! Glad he is safe and sound though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha great idea Megs!! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete