Tuesday 7 April 2009

39 weeks ...

The date is April 7th.  I have 6 days to go til I'm due.  I feel like I was due a month ago.  The 6 days I have left are going to feel like the longest 6 days in the history of mankind.  I was convinced that Eli was going to come early.. chances are, he's not going to.  That's ok, I'm fine with that minor disappointment, but I'm feeling ready to give birth.  

My husband and I are natural types.  We've decided on an intervention free birth (fingers crossed) and I'm really hoping I don't need to be medically induced.  I've made an appointment with an acupuncturist for some assistance, perhaps we'll call it "encouragement" for the baby to come.  That appointment is in 3 days time, on the 9th.  Basically, I'm hoping that it "encourages" Eli to start labour so that by the weekend, I'll have a bouncing baby boy of my very own! Acupuncture is a nice, gentle, natural way of getting things moving.  There is around an 85% chance of going into labour after a session - so I'm feeling really confident that if he's not already here (or on his way) that this will do the trick!

I have never been more excited about anything, ever.  I suppose that's an obvious reaction to an impending birth, but I yearn for this baby like nothing I've ever known.  I'm so in love with him already, it's crazy!!  

So, over the coming months, I want to introduce you to my family, share my birth story, my pregnancy memories and the challenges and joys I face as a new mum.  I hope you enjoy what you read!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment