Monday 13 April 2009

Disappointment is the word..

I did it.  I went and got acupuncture.  I really thought it would work.  I really really thought it would work.  Let me explain.  The current stats are that 86% of women at term (which I am) go into labour within 24 hours.  I apparently do not count as one of the 86%, which is insanely crap!  Four days later I've been back for another shot.  We threw the book at my baby, using electricity (by way of a tens machine) and more little tiny needles.  We're all stocked up on moxibustion sticks, the smoking and non-smoking kind.  I don't know.  

I'm just fed up, like every other woman who is at 40 weeks.. every day that passes that I don't have labour pains I'm more disappointed.  I know I shouldn't be, I mean, let's face it.  Eli was only due today..  it's not even like he's late (until midnight).  He'll get here soon I'm sure, and I won't need to medically intervene, but I'm just so desperately waiting.  My whole family was here over the weekend, just waiting for me.  They've had to go home to work, so they missed out this time.  I just wish I'd been able to "perform"..  You know, have a baby on demand.

We have had fun though, having said all of that.  We went for drives to different areas of my city, lunched on mountaintop cafe's and wandered through display homes.  It really was fun.  I will admit also that it was great taking my mind off the absence of contractions.  But inevitably, I had to return home and face the facts:  I am still very pregnant!!!  

I'll let you know how the session today turns out.  He told me that I have already defied the odds and so would be shocked if he had to see me a third time.  I hope this time he's right.  I want this baby out - yesterday if possible.  I am actually starting to long for the corridors of the hospital, the brusque nurses and the probing internal checks.  How sad is that right?  

Anyway - I will let you know, as I said, what the outcome is, when there is one!  

Hang in there all you preggie ladies!  I feel your pain!!


No comments:

Post a Comment