Thursday 9 April 2009

The beginning of the .. well .. beginning.

I'm up earlier than I have been in the last 3 months...  This is due to my excitement about the arrival of my mum!!  It feels like it's all happening.  Not only do I love the company she provides, but the reason she's here, is for the birth!!!  That's more exciting than shopping and coffee shops. Soo much more!

So it's 8.15 am, but I've been awake since around 6 am.  This is super early for me, I must stress, as lately it seems I cannot drag my sorry butt out of bed until at least 10 in the morning.  I attribute this to "growing a human".  I figure it takes a lot of energy to do something so incredible.  

At this point, it's important to mention that I feel awesomely privileged to be the one who is able to do this.  I was watching a TV show last night that had a segment on men's pain management.  This reporter was literally writhing in pain with simulated contractions.  He lasted a grand 3 hours, working up to 60 second contractions every 3 minutes, before he called a time out.  He was sucking on gas for a bit too, but I guess it wasn't enough for him.  I understand that he was in pain, but seriously, who would go through that if it weren't for the miraculous little person you get to hug and kiss at the end of the torture??  I completely understand him declining to go on for a further 9 hours.  He said something in his agony that made me smile though.  

He said, "I have never been so glad to be a man."  

Now, again, while I stress that I am not knocking this guy - he did ok for a pointless torture session - I had to smile to myself and think, "I have never been so glad to be a woman".  We, as womankind, have an amazing duty as nurturers and providers for our babies, even before they are born.  But do you know what I think is THE SHIZ about the whole thing??  Our bodies do it with no conscious thought!  Our cells are programmed to create something from literally two individual chromosomes.  That blows my mind.  Then we have to summon all our strength, mental, physical and emotional and give birth to this being that has been feeding off our bodies for 9 months.  This being is perfect (in most cases..) and whole and wonderful, and we will never feel love and emotion as deeply for anything else - except for the next being we create within our bellies.  I love being a woman!! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Anyways.. Sorry, I got off track.  I will keep you updated (hopefully) over this easter weekend on the activities of mum and I.  Oh, and by the way, acupuncture appointment is TODAY!!  I've got my fingers toes and eyes crossed in the hope that this is the straw that broke the waters.. haha.  

Have a safe weekend all.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment