Wednesday 8 April 2009

Help!! My ring is stuck!!

You are going to laugh.. or maybe not.  I'm not.  I'm sure I will later though.  Right now, my wedding ring finger is too sore for me to be laughing.  

I woke up this morning, thinking, maybe now is a good time to remove my wedding ring.  I thought, yeah, sure, my fingers are a bit swollen, but it'll come off with a little olive oil and some tugging!

I was wrong!!

After trying to remove the ring for around 15 minutes, it began to balloon beyond anything I'd ever seen.  It glowed purple and red and hurt so much it brought tears to my eyes.  So I decided to give up and ice it instead.  I guess I'll just leave it on until the swelling from my pregnancy goes down.. let's hope that doesn't take too long.  I don't want to chop the ring off, because it's worth about 15 grand (lucky me, I know!).  In fact, I wonder what it would cost to get my finger chopped off?!?!  Just kidding..  (see, I told you I'd laugh about it later!)

Anyway, this isn't a big deal unless my finger swells to the point where the ring is turning it purple or cutting off blood supply - without my help.  So far, this isn't happening, but I can feel the paunch of my finger hanging over the ring, like a fat man whose jeans are fastened with a belt about 5 sizes too small for his girth.  Hmm.. What to do..

No comments:

Post a Comment