Wednesday 8 April 2009

Pregnant, swollen and uncomfortable!

So, I am 39 weeks pregnant, and 2 days, with 5 days left on the rocket clock countdown..  I am an anomaly as far as I know.  In all the posts and info sites I've read, the recommended weight gain is around 25-35 pounds (or 10-15 kg).  I have gained DOUBLE the recommended weight, starting at a nice neat 141 pounds (64 kg) and have almost finished my sentence at a whopping 207 pounds (94 kg).  I am surprised to say the least, as I am not that "fat".  I mean, if I were to be honest with myself, I would say, yes, I am a bit bigger than I used to be, and I will have some work to do after I've given birth to my little cherub, but in being honest, I wouldn't say I'm "obese", or disgustingly fat.  I'm puffy in my hands and feet, (refer to previous post "Help! My ring is stuck!") and I've definitely got great "foundation" legs - or so I call them - they aren't about to give out underneath the weight of my massive belly!  Having said all of that, I am looking forward to getting the control of my body back, and returning to my once (unappreciated) good figure.  Stay tuned for the results of that adventure... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment