Wednesday 9 December 2009

Been thinking......

Two days ago, my son was trying to climb the stairs.  I had turned my back for no more than a minute and when I turned back to see what he was doing, I saw him standing at the bottom stair, readying himself to hitch his leg up and begin.  It was at that same moment that he looked at me, to see where I was.  When he saw me there, he reached out his hand to me, as if to say "Mummy, I need you to help me."  It was so sweet!  I melted just a little bit.

Later that day, I was thinking - What happens to me when this little boy no longer needs me?  He'll be all grown up, maybe have his own family, and he won't need me anymore.  What is it going to feel like when he's a teenager, lashing out at me with hateful words?  It's going to break my heart!  I literally started to cry at the thought of these things... silly right?  But I guess it'll happen one day.  I just hope I know what to do, other than bawl! :o)

Sending a thought out to my mum, who had to deal with me in my teens.... I love you Mum!  And I still need you....... xo

A. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment