Monday 14 December 2009

Sink and swim.

It's around 5pm that my son goes rank.  He cries because he's had enough of the day, but it's too early for bed.  He's hungry - but because he's teething (or just has ridiculously particular taste), he doesn't want to eat what I feed him.  He's bored with being on the floor, sick of being held, and gets just plain fed up with the world.

It's only recently, I have discovered the thrills of the kitchen sink.  I plopped him in it one afternoon to wash his hands - because, quite simply, he'd made a hell of a mess with the food he was meant to be eating.  He enjoyed it so much, that when he's really grumpy and whingey, I chuck him in for half an hour or so, and that seems to hit the spot for him.  

I'll never understand babies all that well, but it just goes to show you that sometimes, the thing you would never think of -- THAT is the answer!!

A. xo

3 comments:

  1. found your blog through 20sb! so cute!
    and boy, it does seem like 5pm is the hour that all heck breaks loose, doesn't it? but how awesome that you found a remedy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah yes! That's hilarious!

    Also, what will work for a month will change right when you think you have it figured! Then it will be something else!

    Crazy babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right Ari --- they're crazy!

    Hi Mrs Buckster!! Welcome to my blog!! haha

    I hate 5pm - it's called witching hour around here... I either cook at lunch time or just wait til Eli's gone to bed... so hard!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete