Tuesday 15 December 2009

"You want... moooorrrrrre?????"

Every time I look at a pregnant woman - I want another baby.  You wouldn't think that's possible, when you're feeling frumpy and ruined, tired beyond belief, unable to cope with the one you have, and your undercarriage has just never really recovered.

But it's true!!  I imagine most mums feel this way.  I don't know that for sure, but I assume it's the case.  It's a strange feeling - because I think about being pregnant again, feeling the little flutters of movement, imagining the unknown, and it makes me feel really excited.  Then, the reality creeps up on me and reminds me quietly that I will then not only have one child that wakes me up through the night, but possibly two... two children's nappies to change... two kids to carry around and stop from touching things...

two seems like a really big number...

I have to restrain myself though - I'll be honest.  It's really tempting just to go for it and get pregnant again. (I'm sorry about the pictures "go for it" conjures up - I promise it was NOT intentional...)

I wonder how I would feel about number 2.  It's not going to be exactly the same as my first - cos I've already been there, done that, so to speak.  It's going to be really great having an idea, however inaccurate, of what I'll be receiving at the end of it.  I wonder if the pregnancy will go quicker because I'm not just me, waiting to have a baby, I'm a mum, with one already keeping me very occupied.  It's always going to be an adventure, of this, I am sure!

I want to hear about your feelings on this....  Go ahead and leave a comment!  :)

A. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment